What it takes to sell your home in a tough real estate market
Published On: February 10, 2011 Posted by: TownsRealty
This current real estate market is so competitive due to many elements and pricing is right is everything. Sometimes real estate agents have to turn down listings due to sellers who do not understand that these current real estate market prices are different from the 2000’s prices.
In today’s buyer’s market, it’s up to the sellers to bring out the best in their homes to stand out amid the staggering inventory of homes for sale. Your home has to look presentable before it goes on the market.
With so many homes for sale now, buyers are looking out for the best looking home with most upgrades for a very reasonable price. Buyers can pick and choose and that’s why it is very important the way your home is presented.
Your home may not be old, but can often look worn out. Here are some tips:
1. Walk around the house and look at the condition of the home, seeking any minor damage that can be repaired prior to the house being put on the market.
2. Put a neutral, fresh paint on the walls and that can do wonders.
3. De- clutter your home. It will make your rooms look bigger.
4. Clean your carpet so it looks fresh and smelling good. Buyers will see in that one less thing to replace.
5. Curb appeal is so important as it is the face of your home. Clean the yard, mow the lawn, plant some inexpensive flowers and pressure wash the driveway and the walls.
And know that in today’s market, every buyer wants a “model” home. They are looking to get the most bang for their buck.